The Distance Between Us - Kasie West I have been looking forward to reading this since I finished Kasie West's first novel, Pivot Point. And she did it again.Caymen Meyers lives with her Mom and grew up poor. They manage a doll store -some of the dolls are really creepy as hell- and they live just above it in a tiny apartment. They both have issues with rich people, coming from the fact that her dad's rich parents gave money to Susan, her mom, to leave their son alone when they learnt she was pregnant. She grew up disliking rich people, and never took the time to mingle with them because she knew her mother would disapprove.Caymen is no doubt the most sarcastic character I've ever come across. Like she says, she's exceptionally sarcastic. She has a witty retort to everything and she never missed a chance to make other people uncomfortable with her incredibly dry sense of humor. She made me laugh during the whole book, even during the serious situations. I also liked how she never complained about her financial situation. She was poor, and dating an awfully rich guy but pratically never felt self-conscious. I mean, she did. Once or twice but she never tried to do anything about it to impress him. She was always like, 'That's how I am and you're gonna have to accept that.' However, there's a big plot twist near the end concerning money, which turned out to have a huge role in their relationship. And the whole plot too.There's one thing you must know about Xander Spence. He is rich. Rich, as in stinking rich. Yes, he is ridiculousy charming. Yes, he is always dressed in designer clothes, and buys $30 socks. Yes, he has 4 four cars and a private jet. But he's actually a down to earth guy and isn't at all pretentious, arrogant like most of the rich kids out there. Plus he's awfully cute. He definitely adds to my book boyfriend list, because he's so considerate and didn't stop being nice to Caymen when she was rude to him. I especially liked how their relationship played out. It was no insta-love thing. In fact her prejudices against Xander gradually changed, when she learned more about him. Their dates were really fun and out of the ordinary and it was cute how Xander didn't complain about the blisters during the grave digging.Some random quotes that I loved:Xander opens the compartment above my knees and takes out a pair of leather gloves. As he pulls them on I can't help but laugh."What?""You have driving gloves.""And?""And it's funny.""Funny adorable?"I shake my head. "If you say so."__________________________________________________________"So Caymen...""So, Xander...""Like the islands.""What?""Your name. Caymen. Like the Cayman Islands. Is that your mom's favourite place to visit or something?""No, it's her third favourite place. I have an older brother named Paris and an older sister named Sydney.""Wow." He opens the bag, takes out a muffin, and hands it to me. The top glistens with sprinkled sugar. "Really?"I gently unwrap it. "No."Sadly, I felt that the ending was rushed and I still had many questions, like who was Matthew, how he was involved with Caymen's mom, if Caymen would ever look for and meet her dad, and how did Xander and Susan's conversation go in the end, and why is her name Caymen??? Otherwise, I'm thrilled that I read this book as it is a good summer read, and you'll no doubt finish it in one sitting. A must-read!