Insanity (Asylum, #1) - Lauren Hammond Insanity is about the devastating and utterly confusing world of Adelaide. She wakes up in a mental institution and doesn't remember her life before she ended up there.Wow, this book was a total mind fuck. I kept second guessing everything that happened, wondering if some of them were just happening in Addy's head and if others were there just because the author wanted to mess with us and confuse us more. Every character is unique and mysterious in their own way. My favourite is by far Aurora. She knows how the asylum works and that she'll never get out of there so she does what she has to do to survive, and the way she does it is freaking excellent.To be honest, I suspected Dr. Watson from the beginning and thought that he was a creep but I won't say too much because that would spoil the book, but DAMN I TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT PLOT TWIST COMING. And Damien. Addy's relationship with him was the insta-love type with the cheesy lines but OH MY GOD, THE WAY IT ENDED, SHIT IT CRUSHED MY HEART TO PIECES. I had my suspicions about him in the 'after' parts and I was right. I didn't want them to be right, though. Well, I guess we'll see what happens in Book 2 with Dr.Watson.I strongly recommend this book. This story stays true to its title and will turn you mad. The questions will never stop. I have no words to describe the intense depth of this book, but this is definitely a must read.