Bloodlines - Richelle Mead I have been waiting to get my hands on that book since 2011 and let's just say that I was not disappointed. I was curious about Sydney's character and felt excited to experience life from her point of view and I liked it, despite what many people have said. I hate the way she feels about vampires, but can we really blame her? She's an Alchemist. She was raised to think this way. What I didn't like about her is that she's dull and boring. She values her work too much (I can understand why since she wants to prove herself after her involvement with Rose but still) and doesn't have any fun. If she wasn't an Alchemist, I'm sure her life would've been pretty much uneventful. The plot however was too slow in the beginning and some things were predictable (or is it just me?). It was obvious that Keith and Lee were up to something. Their behaviour gave it all up. And the spirit bound thing? I found it way too easy to guess. Adrian's snarky attitude made the whole book lively according to me. In fact, he's the reason I wanted to read this book. I was expecting him to have a 'bigger' role but it was okay that way. He always pretended to be this carefree guy but you knew that he was still trying to get over Rose and make something of his life. I seriously need him to spice up Sydney's boring life. I really like Eddie in this book and how he was so intent on doing his job right. His determination wss impressive. Overall I really liked this book and the story. I nearly screamed when I read the last line, I was so not expecting that! I have to read The Golden Lily ASAP!