Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins I wasn't eager to read Hex Hall despite the good reviews and the hype. I hadn't planned on reading it actually; I had just finished [b:Angelfall|11500217|Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)|Susan Ee|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1319887835s/11500217.jpg|16435765] and didn't know what to read next so I just picked it like that. I didn't really have any kind of expectations whatsoever (boarding schools for supernatural beings are so cliche and an overly used concept) but it turns out that I was pleasantly surprised. The characters are nice. I love Archer and his sense of humour, same for Sophie. She's a hilarious person and admit it, you can't not love a person whose only way of defending herself against a werewolf is by saying 'BAD DOG!' I found the plot twist about Archer kind of vague but I think it was done on purpose, therefore I can't wait to learn more about him and what pushed him to... you know. I hate Elodie, Anna and the other girl, whatever her name is, and I didn't feel any sympathy towards Elodie in the end. I mean, she killed Holly so she deserved what happened to her. Cal, the groundskeeper interests me as well, and I have the feeling that he's going to play a bigger role in [b:Demonglass|8428064|Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)|Rachel Hawkins|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1287692542s/8428064.jpg|11015791]. The book was fairly predictable for the most part and the plot was ok, but not enough for me to give it 5 stars. The writing was simple but that's what made it a light read along with the fairly simple plot. Overall, Hex Hall is funny and has a lot of small twists which most people will enjoy.